- Of Counsel, 2010
- Of Counsel, 2010
George N. Seide was born in West Palm Beach, Florida on August 18, 1948. After graduation from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and Psychology, Mr. Seide completed the Master of Arts in Public Administration course work with honors at the University of Florida College of Arts and Sciences before attending Law School in Los Angeles, California. At the University of Florida, Mr. Seide was active in student government and held various responsible positions and is listed in the 1972 edition of "Who's Who Among Students in Universities & Colleges". During graduate school, Mr. Seide was an Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy in the Uniform Patrol Division, where he was a shift supervisor, an Investigator in the Juvenile Section and the Sheriff's County Planner. He was named Alachua County's "Outstanding Young Law Enforcement Officer" for 1971.
In 1976 Mr. Seide moved to Los Angeles, California to attend the University of LaVerne College of Law. While attending LaVerne, Mr. Seide wrote for the student newspaper, was invited to participate in Moot Court Honors, earned the Book Award in 4th Amendment rights, and had an internship with the Beverly Hills Bar Association's Public Counsel, while graduating in the top 25% of his class in 1979.
Mr. Seide, a licensed California Real Estate Broker since 1990, detoured through the world of banking before practicing law, where he was a residential loan office manager, district loan manager, and vice president of loan production at major mortgage banking concerns.
Mr. Seide was admitted to the practice of law in California in 1992, the U.S. District Court (Central District of California) and the U.S. Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit) immediately thereafter.
Mr. Seide was a founding partner of Adelman & Seide, LLP, in Calabasas, California. He is now Of Counsel to the firm. His practice is exclusively family law, which includes adoptions, enforcement and defense of spousal, child and family support orders and the litigation of welfare reimbursement and other enforcement through the District Attorney and the Local Child Support Agency. He has a sub-specialty in the prosecution and defense for contempt of court proceedings and he has been appointed alternate defense counsel for contempt proceedings in the Los Angeles Superior Court. He is a long standing member of the American Bar Association, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Beverly Hills Bar Association and San Fernando Valley Bar Association and their family law sections.
Mr. Seide is individually "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest national distinction available to an attorney. This is a significant honor, as only a handful of attorneys are bestowed with this rating each year for their commitment to professional standards, ethics and outstanding legal ability.
Mr. Seide is also concerned with humanitarian efforts and has contributed hundreds of hours of pro bono legal services to low income family litigants, through the non-profit Harriett Buhai Family Law Center and the Vincent Family Law Center. Mr. Seide was a volunteer in the Central District Superior Court Domestic Violence Clinics and was the supervising attorney for the "law student mediation project" for two semesters in the Central District Family Law Courts.
Mr. Seide was the chairman of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Classical Ballet, Vice President and Board Member of the Synagogue for the Performing Arts. He is single and the father of one adult daughter.
Areas of Practice
- Dissolution and Paternity
- Domestic Partners & Same Sex Marriages
- Prosecution and Defense of Contempt
- Drafting Pre and Post Nuptial and Pre and Post Domestic Partnership Agreements
- Custody and Visitation
- Child and Spousal Support
- Marital Property Equalization
- Proceedings (Enforcement of Orders)
- Domestic Violence Protection
- Litigation with Local Child Support Agency
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, California Bar Board of Legal Specialization, 2004
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1993
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2004
- University of La Verne College of Law, La Verne, California
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: Top 25% of the Class
- University of Florida, Gainesville
- MA, abt
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Public Administration
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Psychology
- Numerous Articles, Family Law News - CA Bar
- Family Law, LACC Paralegal Certificate Program, 2006 to 2008
- Merger in Judgments, California Bar Conference, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who in American Colleges & Universities
- Outstanding Law Enforcement Award - Florida Jaycees
- Florida Student Leader of The Year - Florida Student Congress
- Man of the Year - Theta Kappa Omega Fraternity (National)
- Florida Blue Key, Leadership Honorary, University of Florida
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honorary
- Thomson/Reuters Legal Publishers and Los Angeles Magazine “Super Lawyer”
- Thomson/Reuters Legal Publishers and Los Angeles Magazine “Top 100 Attorneys in Southern California”
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys “Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in California”
- “Order of Distinguished Attorneys” Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2013-Present
- “AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Certified Specialists, 2006 to Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1996 to Present
- Family Law Section-State Bar of California, Chair-Executive Committee, 2007 to 2008
- Council of State Bar Sections-California Bar, Co-Vice Chairman, 2008 to 2009
- State Bar’s Law Practice Management and Technology Executive Committee, Member, Present